Tuesday 17 May 2016

Let the breath be...

Photo & Quote by J.S

So, I had this inspiration today- you could call it a little piece of enlightenment. That 'aha' moment where you just know something because you feel it with your whole body. 

I only had some watermelon this morning before going to Yoga. I find it difficult to get food down in the morning. After lunch, no problem--it's like night and day!

At the beginning of Yoga class I was starting to feel uneasy in my stomache; empty, uncomfortable-- wishing it away. In Yoga it is important to stay present with whatever it is that's coming up, without becoming attached or trying to change it in any way--so I kept an eye on this. 

Through the movement of the breath through the movement of the postures, I started to feel my body fill up with the breath! No longer feeling empty and longing for food-- the power of the breath takes over. Taking deep, yet smooth breaths; mindfully easing myself  in and out of the postures. I start to feel like myself again; whole again. How is this happening? I feel the Prana (breath; life force energy) is fresh and its rich in oxygen and nutrients- I feel this; I know this. 

And suddenly, it comes to me-- the breath is the body's #1 source of nutrition, it's what gives us the juice and of course we know, without the breath we would cease to be. The breaths capacity to sustain us transcends the need for food at any given moment. But how easy it can be to disconnect from the breath in this way as we move through our busy lives. 

"Let the breath be thy medicine; thy nutrition-- to cleanse all impurities of the bodymind and fill us with rich new prana."

Some food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment