Thursday 2 July 2015

A Love Letter to the Speed River

You fill me up to the brim, as I drink
you in by your water’s edge
Let me sip you in
Trickle into my pores, permeating my veins
With your fresh life blood
You breathe life into me, as you kiss
each cell awake
With your gentle rolling thunder
You whisper so softly in my ear
That gentle rustling roar
You whisk me away with your tender breeze
You lift me up by your ancient knowing
Silent wisdom
Take me gliding and surround me
With your loving embrace
On your delicate stream of silken ribbon
Creamy, luscious, cascading white
Bubbly pitter patter
Your grace and magical prowess
Sweep me away to many a timeless
Bound-less moments
You Change me in indescribable ways
With your unconditional love
There is no sorrow too dark for you to lift
No emptiness to deep for you to fill
No hunger too fierce
No thirst unquenchable
After all this time, I realize it is you
I am really searching for
Or is it really me- reflecting back?
My true essential nature
As though we were one

I brave the mosquitoes
just to get one more look at you

Ps. Did I mention that I love you?


No comments:

Post a Comment